Who is this course for?
School teachers: with some knowledge and experience of yoga, who have attended a one day training or observed yoga classes previously in school, and who want learn how to lead yoga and mindfulness to enhance their classroom learning experience.
Yoga teachers: wanting to expand and develop their teaching skills, with a desire to share the love and the physical and mental benefits of yoga with young people, in or out of school.
Yoga practitioners from another profession: who work with, or have a keen desire to work with children, to share the proven benefits yoga and mindfulness bring to their young lives.
The Course Content
- Brain development of a child aged 4-12 and how this will influence the way you teach and communicate with them
- Anatomical development of children aged 4-12 and how this understanding will affect the yoga you teach them
- Psychology and its impact
- Appropriate yoga asana and pranayama
- Mindfulness meditation and relaxation
- Games, music and chanting
- Behaviour management
This course is designed with a strong focus on enabling teachers to provide yoga and mindfulness in school – as an underlying element throughout the school day, to provide in short classroom lesson breaks and as part of PE. Schools are encouraged to fund their teaching staff and allow them the last two days of term out of school to participate.
Yoga teachers are also very welcome on this course, after which you will be confident, and accredited by the Yoga Alliance Professionals, to teach yoga to children aged 4-12 – in and out of school.
Dates, venue and investment
The Venue: The Wellbeing Studios, St Agnes, Cornwall
Dates and times
Course Dates: 9am – 5pm Thursday 19th – Monday 23rd October (times may vary slightly day to day but you will be informed prior to the course start)
Yoga Alliance Professionals Accreditation: 60 hours in Teaching Yoga to Children
How to apply
Only limited places are available on this course. To apply for a place please fill out our Application Form and we will be in-touch soon to confirm your place on the course and arrange payment of a deposit of £250 per applicant. Each attendee must fill out an application form.
If you are a school wishing to book multiple places on the course please direct your staff to the application form and ask them to fill out their details. They will be asked which school they work for and for billing information as part of the application process.
Breakdown of course hours
40 hours course contact time with Yoga Alliance Professionals Senior Teacher Helen Clare, 10 hours expected personal reading time, 4 hours expected assignment time and 6 hours expected class planning, teaching and review time.
Class Yoga will provide a full manual which will match the course content covered. A reading list will be sent to applicants before the start of the course and students are expected to purchase these themselves.
Successful applicants should be in good health and have stable personal circumstances to complete this course with the focus and dedication it requires. All students should have some knowledge and experience of yoga:
School teachers should have either attended a one day training course or observed yoga classes previously in school. Yoga practitioners from another profession should have a regular and consistent yoga practice. All non-yoga teachers must have a track record in a professional field with a minimum of 40 hours of yoga practice either before or during the vocational course. Alternatively a student must have completed a foundation Teacher Training Course.
- 2 essay assignments
- Informal class observation assessments
- Evidence of planning, teaching and reviewing a personally taught class, post-course
Trainees should attend 100% of the course. Students must be present for all the course hours. Failure to attend all course hours may result in not receiving a certificate of completion. Should trainees miss any hours, they will need to agree with the teacher when/ how to catch up.
Our course has met the stringent requirements set by Yoga Alliance Professionals. Our graduates are trained to the highest standard.
Terms and Conditions
A non-refundable deposit is required to secure your place, the remainder is due no later than 8 weeks before the start of the course, for which you will receive an invoice.
Included in your investment
- 5 days training and assessment by a qualified Yoga Alliance Professionals teacher trainer
- Training manual
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Certificate upon successful completion of the course*
- Transport to and from the venue
- Accommodation for the duration of the course
- Insurance (you will be accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals upon successful completion of the course and therefore eligible for the Yoga Alliance Professionals insurance).
Refund and cancellation policy
In the event you need to cancel your place:
- 60 days or more prior to the course: Your entire payment will be refunded, less £250 which is your deposit.
- 59-30 days prior to the course: Payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less £250 deposit) to a future course.
- 29 days or less prior to the course: Payments are not refundable.
To cancel your place please do so in writing to email@example.com.
Class Yoga has the right to cancel the course at any point. In the unlikely event Class Yoga needs to cancel the course: you will be refunded your full course fees; other costs incurred such as travel expenses cannot be reimbursed.
*During the course students must be present for all the course hours. Failure to attend all course hours may result in not receiving a certificate of completion.